- On Saturday, The Meyerson Symphony Center transforms into 1920s New York City as the Dallas Symphony Orchestra takes on the Harlem Renaissance. Trumpeter Byron Stripling is one of the guest artist who will be adding his talents to make the legendary jazz nightclub come alive again.
- Also Saturday, the South Garland Branch Library invites you to embrace National Novel Writing Month with a free editing session for your short story.
- This Saturday is the 13th year for Art Con. Art Con is Art Conspiracy’s signature event that combines the forces of creativity and philanthropy to benefit local art groups. The Cedars Union will host the party and art auction.
- On Sunday, architecture critic Mark Lamster explains the relationship between art and architecture at NorthPark Center. Lamster will talk with NorthPark owner Nancy Nasher as part of the Oak Cliff Society of Fine Arts Series. Hear the discussion at the Turner House in Dallas.
- This weekend is your last chance to see “Life Sucks” at Stage West in Fort Worth. The play, both comic and tragic, is a quirky take on Anton Chekhov’s “Uncle Vanya.”
For more on these and other events, explore the Art&Seek calendar.