The 5th annual Art Walk West, presented by the West Dallas Chamber of Commerce, will take place on Saturday, October 19!
Explore the West Dallas creative movement with a self-guided tour. From live art mural paintings, to a variety of studios and galleries who will open their doors, to performances and activities by the AT&T Performing Arts Center-- it will be a celebration of local art that you won't want to miss!
LOCATION: A variety of stops in West Dallas! Maps will be posted soon with the stops and locations of the day.
ADMISSION: Free and open to the public
STARTING POINT: Pick up a program & map at the Trinity Groves breezeway (3011 Gulden Ln).
EVENTS OF THE DAY INCLUDE:
- Over 10 murals in progress being painted on walls around West Dallas. Muralists include: Adrian Landon Brooks (Austin, TX); Agustin Chavez (Dallas, TX); Brennen Bechtol (Dallas, TX); Drigo (Dallas, TX) & students from the Sidney Lanier Expressive Arts Vanguard; Eric Karbeling (Miami, FL); Jenny Lane (Austin, TX); Jill Stanton (Edmonton, Canada); Mariel Pohlman (Dallas, TX); Mario Sanchez (Dallas, TX); Mariell Guzman (Fort Worth, TX); Mike Townsend (Dallas, TX); Nicky Davis (Houston, TX); Sour Grapes (Dallas, TX); Stephanie Sanz (Dallas, TX); Tex Moton (Dallas, TX)
- Over 20 art studios and galleries
- Sweet Pass Sculpture Park presents BUSH LEAGUE, by San Antonio based collective BUX TOOF. Using the 150th anniversary of professional baseball as a point of entry, BUSH LEAGUE at once celebrates and interrogates the history, cultural impact, and aesthetics of the sport by transforming Sweet Pass into an impromptu Baseball diamond presenting a host of baseball-related contemporary art programming.
- ex ovo on Fabrication St, "Next Exit": An interactive installation of lens-based work by local artists Trey Burns, Harris Chowdhary, Finn Jubak, and Jonathan Molina-Garcia, that takes the city of Dallas as its subject and object.
- Performances, family dance classes and art-making activities brought to you by the AT&T Performing Arts Center
- Little D pop-up market at Trinity Groves (your starting point for the day!)
- La Bajada POP Garden
- and so much more!