SHOUTING DOWN A QUIET LIFE
by Holli Harms
directed by Selmore Haines, III
Saturday, October 12 from 11:30 am - 2:00 pm
Sunday, October 13 from 7 pm - 10 pm
Appointments are required. For an appointment time, please email [email protected]
Emmett Fludd is an African-American professor at a small college in the south. For 30 years he has kept the truth from his family about his involvement in a shooting that killed three students on a college campus. But when his past comes back to confront him, he will discover what his quiet has cost himself and his family. WORLD PREMIERE - part of the TNT POPS! New Play Project.
Roles available for 3 men and 2 women
Emmett Fludd - (M) 40s - 50s, African American; college professor, 1998
Bernice Fludd - (F) 40s - 50s, African American; Emmett’s wife, 1998
James Fludd* - (M) 20s, African American; son of Emmett and Bernice, 1998
Young Emmett* - (M) 20s, African American; Emmett as he was in 1968
*James and Young Emmett are played by the same actor.
Mary Iron - (F) 20s, Caucasian; girlfriend of Young Emmett in 1968
Doyle Paige** - (M) 20s, Caucasian; South Carolina State Trooper in 1968
Floyd Paige** - (M) 20s, Caucasian; security guard in 1998
Reverend** - (M) 20s, Caucasian; Methodist preacher, 1968
**Doyle, Floyd, and Reverend played by the same actor.
- Email [email protected] for an appointment time and access to a script will be made available to you. Be familiar with the script before coming to auditions.
- Be prepared to read scenes from the script.
- Please bring a resume and headshot.
- References may be required.
- Actors and technicians will receive stipends.
- Rehearsals will be in Plano starting on or around October 16. All conflicts must be noted at time of audition.
- Please visit the website at www.roverdramawerks.com or call (972) 849-0358 for more information.
Shouting Down a Quiet Life will run December 5-14, 2019 at Rover Dramawerks.