The Fort Worth Community Arts Center is a program of the Arts Council of Fort Worth, a multi-disciplinary 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to the advancement of arts in our community and who's focus is to present arts education and programming that engage and celebrate Fort Worth’s diverse population and creative spirit. The Arts Center sits in the center of Fort Worth’s Cultural District, housing nine galleries, two theatres, five classroom/rehearsal spaces, and dedicated office and studio space for resident nonprofit arts organizations and artists.
The Exhibition Manager will be responsible for the budgeting and management of all exhibition spaces, including the development and implementation of the exhibition program, oversee art installations, gallery-staff supervision, work closely with the Program Manager to create outstanding programs that tie to exhibitions and with the Community Engagement Manager for all promotional materials of the galleries activities.
The successful applicant will have excellent interpersonal, budgeting, and resource management skills, and the ability to work gracefully and calmly under pressure. This person will relish working productively with diverse constituencies, including both young and established artists, curators, students, and contractors. They will be creative and able to undertake multiple tasks at the same time, solving problems and prioritizing along the way. This position reports to the Art Center Director.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish, update, and disseminate the overall calendar of exhibitions
- Oversee installation of all exhibitions and art at the Arts Center. Works with staff, guest curators, and exhibiting artists to plan and execute the installation of exhibitions including artworks, AV components, pedestals, wall graphics, and lighting.
- Hire and supervise freelance installers, painters, and other crew members. Trains gallery staff in protocol and security issues related to each show.
- Arrange the pickup and delivery of all artworks.
- Maintain safety of artwork; oversees basic condition reports for incoming artworks.
- Maintain appearance of gallery walls, lighting, artwork and oversees proper upkeep of the galleries as well as other spaces when used for exhibitions in coordination with Arts Center maintenance staff. Assures proper functioning of exhibition-related electronic devices and AV equipment.
- Order supplies and materials required for each exhibition; maintains inventory of electronic equipment, and tools.
- Work with Program Manager to successfully manage the Texas Artist Coalition, a membership program of the Arts Center.
- Support the Program Manager to create programs, workshops and classes to enhance the exhibitions.
- Work with Community Engagement Manager to create materials for email announcements, social media and website. Maintain contact with critics, magazines, newspapers and on-line publications. Maintain digital and print archive of exhibition press and images.
- Work with Assistant to the Director to ensure all contracts and payments related to exhibitions are managed within the established timeline.
- Work with the Art Center Director in the planning and oversight of exhibition budgets.
- Work with Director of Advancement to secure donations for the Exhibition Program.
- Serve as liaison with the Arts Center’s Exhibition Advisory Panel to curate incoming exhibitions and the Fort Worth Art Dealers Association as a representative of the Arts Center.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in managing exhibitions, art handling and basic registration is required.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Fine Arts, Art History, Arts Management, Museum Studies or Design. Strong knowledge and interest in a wide range of art preferred.
- Familiarity with Excel, Word, Gmail, Photoshop, and digital imaging and design software strongly preferred.
Compensation & Schedule
Salary is $47,500 with benefits package. 40-hour workweek; overtime required for public programs and during installation periods.
The Arts Center is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply:
Email with subject line: Exhibition Manager to our Human Resource Manager, email@example.com Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. No calls, please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.