UNDERWATER PUMPKIN CARVING AT SEA LIFE GRAPEVINE
You’re in for some frightful fun surrounded by sea creatures at SEA LIFE Grapevine Aquarium with weeks full of spooky sea activities. Wear your best Halloween costume and join alongside some of our eerie sea creatures for some tricks and treats. Make sure to stop by on select days and times throughout October for some fun themes activities and to watch our divers get in their Halloween costumes and have an Underwater Pumpkin Carve-off alongside our sharks, rays and more!
Halloween activities that run October 12-31:
- Underwater Pumpkin Carve-Off: It’s hard enough carving Halloween pumpkins on dry land, let alone submerged in a 160,000-gallon ocean tank surrounded by sharks, rays, sea turtles, and other marine life. Come watch our divers dressed in costume characters compete to see who can carve the best jack-o-lantern underwater! Also, watch to see if some of our sea creatures want to join in on the fun! Dates are: October 12, 15, 19, 22, 26, 29 and 31 at 11:30 a.m.
Creepy Crawly Creatures: Meet SEA LIFE Grapevine’s newest exotic reptiles in Rainforest Adventure that include a legless lizard, hognose snake and crocodile skink! (12 p.m., 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. daily)
- Frightful Fish Facts: Learn all about the most mysterious and scary-looking marine animals during Sting Ray Bay educational talks. (11 a.m., 4:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. daily)
- Spooky Seas Scavenger Hunt: How many scary skulls can you spot hiding inside our marine life exhibits? (Daily)
- Sea Turtle Bobbing: Watch SEA LIFE Grapevine’s famous sea turtles bob for pumpkins in the ocean tank at Sea Turtle Rescue Center. (October 13, 16, 20, 23, 27, and 30th at 10:30 a.m. on scheduled days)
- Fish-Or-Treat: Wear your best costume on Halloween and go under the sea for trick-or-treating. Say the magic phrase after every educational talk for a sweet treat. (October 31 only. Educational talks occur throughout the day. See website for all times and details.)