Sunday, March 24, 11-1pm
Location: 817 W. Davis Street #110
Instructor: Shannon Driscoll
Marbling is an ancient technique used to embellish paper and fabric with swirls of color. Colors are floated and manipulated on an aqueous surface and transferred to a paper or fabric surface, creating a unique pattern reminiscent of the natural look of marble, stones and liquid smoke.
Students will learn:
- chemistry and how to coat papers and surface with an alum mordant
- how to make a Carrageenan size
- how mix and test a variety of paints with gall
- to make a splatter brush and other marbling tools from household items
- how to manipulate the floating paints to create magical patterns of color
Leave class with at least 12 sheets of marbled paper.
Dates & Times
- Sunday, March 24, 2019 @ 11:00 am 2019-03-24 11:00:00 2019-03-24 14:00:00 America/Chicago Adult Workshop: Marbling Paper //artandseek.org/calendar/event/94436/adult-workshop-marbling-paper Oil and Cotton Creative Exchange, 817 West Davis Street, #110, Dallas, TX, 75208