Experience a vintage train excursion!
This excursion starts in Downtown Grapevine at the Cotton Belt Depot. Passengers will then ride along the rails on the historic Cotton Belt Route for 30 minutes before returning to the Grapevine Depot. This excursion is perfect for families with small children or those who just want to get the experience of riding on a train.
- Operates most Saturdays between early March and mid-November
- Boarding begins in Grapevine: 9:30 a.m.
- Departs: 10 a.m.
- Grapevine arrival: 11 a.m. (approximate)
- Please note that passengers do not de-board the train during the ride. The train will reverse direction on the tracks to return to Grapevine
- This excursion does not travel to the Fort Worth Stockyards
- Touring Class: $10 (all ages)
- Touring class coaches have vintage wooden-backed bench style seats. During spring and summer months the coaches are open air and provide a great experience with the breeze blowing in. There are ceiling fans, but no air-conditioning in touring class. During winter months window coverings are installed and the coach is heated.
- First Class: $12 (all ages)
- First class coaches have upholstered seating with air conditioning (or heating in the winter months). The windows in First Class do not open, so while it provides a comfortable ride, riders do get slightly less of the sights and sounds that the open-air touring class coaches get.
- NOTE: due to federal regulations, children 13 months and older require a ticket and their own seat. Children 12 months and younger may ride for free, however, they must ride in the lap or arms of a parent or guardian. Children may not ride in a car seat or stroller while the train is in motion.
Ready to ride? Click here to purchase your tickets! You may also purchase walk-up tickets on the day of the ride at the Grapevine Cotton Belt Depot ticket booth located at 705 S. Main St. (Walk-up tickets subject to availability)
Please note that schedules - including departure times, return time, and days of operation - are tentative and are subject to change based on freight train delays, federal track maintenance, holidays or weather-related closures. While the GVRR makes every attempt to adhere to posted schedules, please understand that delays in arrival times or sudden cancellations of a trip are beyond our control.