I'm looking for...



Happening:
Anytime
to
Near:
Anywhere
That is
Anything

Past Events

Preservation is the Art of the City


Fort Worth Community Arts Center

Each September Historic Fort Worth, Inc. produces a three week long, multi-faceted event called Preservation is the Art of the City™ at the Fort Worth Community Arts Center, 1300 Gendy Street.  In its 16th year, the art show and sale is comprised of over 300 works of art by 63 local artists and sculptors who paint and create in a variety of mediums.  This is the first year the show has included sculpture.  Exhibiting artists receive 65% of each artwork sold, with the remaining 35% going to support the 501(c)(3) charitable mission of Historic Fort Worth, Inc. Thousands of people visit the show which is open September 7 through September 22, 2018. Hours are Monday-Friday 9:00-5:00, Saturday 10-5 and closed on Sunday. The admission is free for the art show and sale. 

The event opens with The Party with the Artists on Thursday, September 6. This year’s honoree is George Grammer, Fort Worth Circle artists. The 2018 featured artist is Julie Lazarus, a painter and sculptor who also works in hand-blown glass.  Shirley Reece-Hughes, Curator of Painting and Sculpture at the Amon Carter Museum, will select the 2018 artist winners. Please visit www.historicfortworth.org for party cost and more information about events during the month of September.

 

Official Site  


FB ATTENDING HERE
1300 Gendy Street · Fort Worth, TX 76107


Sights & Sounds

SHARE