The Oak Cliff Society of Fine Arts – Turner House will present its fifth Rising Star exhibition and fundraiser September 16 and 17 at the historic Oak Cliff home. Twelve prestigious Dallas galleries have each nominated one emerging Texas artist who is not yet represented by a gallery to be in the group show.
A fundraiser reception will be held Saturday, September 16 from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. and will feature guest speaker Katherine Wagner, CEO of the Business Council for the Arts. Ticket prices are $85 per person ($50 for Oak Cliff Society of Fine Arts members.) Sponsorships are available and tickets may be purchased online or at the door. A public reception will be held Sunday, September 17 from 1 to 5 p.m. Both events will be at Turner House, the home of the Oak Cliff Society of Fine Arts, 401 N. Rosemont, Dallas, 75208.
According to artist Kenda North, co-chair of the event, the 100-year-old Turner House has a long history of showcasing Texas artists. “Rising Star is an effort to continue that tradition and draw attention to some exciting new artists who are just beginning to gain attention in the art community, including such past Rising Stars as Diana Antohe, Spencer Evans, and Shawn Samuell,” she said.
Participating galleries and nominated artists are:
- Liliana Bloch Gallery – Ari Brielle
- Circuit 12 – Marcela Reyes
- Erin Cluley Gallery – Will Heron
- Conduit Gallery – Celia Shaheen
- Craighead Green Gallery – Rebecca Shewmaker
- Galleri Urbane – Peter Hiatt
- Kirk Hopper Gallery – Sarita Westrup
- RO2 Art – Erika Duque
- Carneal Simmons – Jeanne Sanders
- Mary Tomas Gallery – Jessie Barnes
- Valley House Gallery – Tony Veronese
- Barry Whistler Gallery – Fernando Alvarez
For more information, sponsorships, and tickets to the “Rising Star” fundraiser visit www.turnerhouse.org.