AnimeFest, as the name suggests, is largely based around "anime" or Japanese animation. It has always been one of our primary motivations to educate the public about anime and the cultural aspects surrounding it. When we formed back in 1992 the term "anime" was largely unknown. Many of the "cartoons" on TV were adaptations of Japanese TV shows and a few of us began to realize this and seek out more. A small, but rapidly growing fandom was emerging out of the science fiction/fantasy fandom.
- 7:30pm Opening Ceremonies (Majestic Theatre)
- 8:30pm Napping Princess Screening (Majestic Theatre)
- 7:00pm Lu over the wall Screening
- 8:00pm LM.C Concert (Majestic Theatre)
- 8:00pm The Night is Short, Walk on Girl Screening
- 8:00pm Cosplay Contest (Majestic Theatre)