Filmmaker Julie Winokur and her husband, Ed Kashi, will discuss their 30 year collaboration and the winding path that led to the creation of Talking Eyes Media. Their first project together, composed of text and stills, was about Cairo’s City of the Dead and was produced before they were married. It was published in magazines before they had added video to their creative toolkit. The couple will discuss the Aging in America project which marked their launch into multimedia and led to the founding of Talking Eyes Media. They will detail their rationale for establishing a nonprofit with a broader mission and how it serves their common vision. They will also discuss other projects including Sandwich Generation, Photojournalisms, Newest Americans, Bring It to The Table, and their ongoing examination of climate change on laborers.
Then Julie and Ed will tackle the question most asked of them: How does a creative couple with complimentary skillsets work together, balance work, life, and family, navigate the challenges of a working mother with a mate who travels incessantly, run a nonprofit, and find a way to make client work compliment personal projects?
- This in-person event will be Saturday, February 18 at Dallas Center for Photography (4756 Algiers Street, Dallas, 75207).
- Parking is available in the DCP parking lot or along Algiers Street.
- Doors open at 3:30pm. The event starts promptly at 4:00pm and ends at 6:00pm.
- Tickets are $10 to attend the in-person event at DCP.
- Seating is limited, so we strongly encourage all attendees to RSVP to secure a seat.
- DCP members receive complimentary tickets to all DCP events.
Official Site Facebook Instagram Twitter