This is an online event.
Join archivists, researchers, and lore enthusiasts from around North America for a two-part virtual showcase all about folklore in the archives. Attendees will learn more about collections and research through archival materials on topics such as cryptids, urban legends, superstitions, local lore, hauntings and ghosts, UFOs, and more! Presented by UNT Special Collections.
Registration is required: bit.ly/3BILXpv
August 27 speakers:
- Jennifer Brannock, Curator of Rare Books & Mississippiana at the University of Southern Mississippi
- Christine Blythe, Folklore Archives Specialist, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University
- SMiles Lewis, Anomaly Archives, Austin, Texas
- Teresa Gray, Public Services Archivist, Special Collections, Central Library, Vanderbilt University
- Helena de Lemos, Special Collections Instruction & Research Librarian, Occidental College Library
- Nick Richbell, Head, Special Collections & Archives, University of Waterloo Library
- Matina Newsom, Stacks Management and Evening Supervisor, and Bobby Griffith, Lead Government Information Reference Specialist, Sycamore Library, University of North Texas
- Louise LoBello, Research & Collections Management Specialist, Franklin & Marshall College
September 3 speakers:
- Samantha Dodd, Curator, Archives of Women of the Southwest, DeGolyer Library, Southern Methodist University
- April C. Armstrong, Special Collections Assistant, Seeley G. Mudd Manuscript Library, Princeton University
- Joshua Youngblood, Rare Books Librarian, Special Collections Instruction and Outreach Services Unit Head, History Librarian, University of Arkansas Libraries
- Ben Murphy, Archivist and Head of Digital Services, Whitman College and Northwest Archives
- Stephanie Khattak, Independent Folklorist, Pine Curtain Project
- Sara Butler-Tongate, Reference Archivist, Center for Archival Collections, Jerome Library, Bowling Green State University
- Tiffany Cole, Special Collections Archivist, James Madison University Libraries
- Jennifer Daugherty, Head, North Carolina Collection, Special Collections Division, Joyner Library, East Carolina University.