In his latest series entitled “Culture,” Demarcus McGaughey takes his viewers on a nostalgic journey through an exploration of the relationship between cultural connectivity and visual culture. McGaughey deconstructs the influence of fashion, music and movies that we grew up consuming. With influences as diverse as Boyz n the Hood and Breakfast at Tiffany’s, new synergies are created and explained from both opaque and transparent narratives.
As intermittent phenomena become reconfigured through emergent and critical practice, the viewer is left with a clue to the limits of our culture. Or are they?
Special Events Policy
- All visitors are required to wear face masks while visiting Msanii HOUS Fine Art.
- All events require a timed ticket secured in advance in order to maintain a maximum capacity of 25%.
- All visitors must reserve a ticket in advance of their visit.
- There will be 45-minute slots available for viewing exhibits.
- Early entry will not be permitted.
- If you miss your assigned timeframe, you must secure another general admission ticket to enter the building, possibly for another date and time.