A Weekly In-Person Socially Distanced Drop-In Improv Class
About this Event
Come connect with us as close to the building as we can possibly get... it's Improv in the SG Parking Lot! Sundays from 7-9pm, join us for this socially distanced improv drop-in class! We'll explore how to not only adapt our improv to social distancing & mask wearing but lean into it. Each week will feature a new topic and format. Spaces will be limited, registration is required, bug spray and Clorox wipes will be provided.
This course will focus on:
- Connecting & playing from a distance
- Spontaneity, justifications, characters, emotions
- Creating *new* formats for socially distanced improv
- Using the architecture & environment of outdoor improv
- Incorporating social distancing into rehearsals and performances
This is an in-person, drop-in class on Sunday, August 23rd from 7-9pm CST. The instructor is Greg Mihalik. All sales are final. Classes are non-refundable but enrollment can be deferred to a future class. All students must adhere to policies in the Stomping Ground Student Handbook. Must be 18 years or older. Must have a mask or other PPE to attend. This class will be held weather permitting.