Join us for our annual afternoon talk with five art conservators from Dallas/Fort Worth museums, library archives, and private practice as they discuss the challenges of preserving our cultural heritage. This symposium sponsored by the City of Dallas Office of Cultural Affairs and the North Texas Association for Art Conservation aims to broaden community awareness of recent art conservation projects in Texas. Attendees with an interest in art, history and science will enjoy this opportunity to look beyond the surface and witness the challenges faced by art conservators as they evaluate and implement treatments to forestall the march of time.
This year’s five panelists are:
- Tish Brewer, “A Foray into Artificial Anatomy: Conserving a Papier-Mache Model of a Horse's Hoof”
- Jesse Hunt, “The Conservation of Distinctiones Dictionum Theologicum, Strassburg 1474”
- Diane Knauf, “The Gentling Collection: Treatment of Multi-Layered Works on Transparent Paper”
- Elena Torok and Lance Lander, "Installation and Preservation of Time-Based Media Art at the Dallas Museum of Art"
This event is free and open to the public. Tickets available through the Eventbrite
Here is the Eventbrite link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/north-texas-art-conservation-symposium-tickets-98130626345
Here is the Facebook link: North Texas Art Conservation Symposium
Tuesday, April 7, 1– 5 p.m.
For more information please contact the North Texas Association for Art Conservation at [email protected]
Dates & Times
- Tuesday, April 7, 2020 @ 1:00 pm 2020-04-07 13:00:00 2020-04-07 16:00:00 America/Chicago North Texas Art Conservation Symposium 2020 //artandseek.org/calendar/event/103684/north-texas-art-conservation-symposium-2020 Latino Cultural Center, 2600 Live Oak Street, Dallas, TX, 75204