As we continue the mission of Pegasus Theatre to produce new and original comedies in a professional setting, highlighting the talents of North Texas theatre artists, we are pleased to announce our fourth annual new play festival, Fresh Reads 2020 at the Bath House Cultural Center May 7 – 23, 2020.
Pegasus Theatre invites North Texas playwrights to submit comedic scripts for consideration. All plays will be reviewed by a group of Pegasus Theatre veterans and a final lineup will be selected by the Pegasus Theatre Artistic Director for a reading in May of 2020. Those selected playwrights will have the opportunity for exposure to a loyal, built-in audience and will receive a stipend of $100.
Details for submissions are listed below. For questions, please contact Sheila Rose at [email protected]
- All plays submitted for consideration must be comedic in nature (see mission listed above) and unproduced, meaning never before performed anywhere--with the exception of a reading.
- Submitted plays should be full length, not one-acts.
- Playwrights should either live in North Texas or have significant ties to North Texas.
- All submissions must contain full contact information and cast requirements on a cover sheet, as well as a synopsis. Scripts should be sent electronically in PDF format to [email protected] Please send a blind copy of your script.
- Deadline for submissions is February 1, 2020.
- Three finalists will be announced on March 4, 2020.
- Rotating rehearsals will take place April 29 – May 6, 2020.
- All plays selected will have three public readings during the festival, and each play will have one Saturday performance.