- On Saturday, the Dallas Opera brings three of the most sought-after tenors to the Winspear Opera House. Don’t miss the one-night-only celebration.
- On Sunday, celebrate Mother’s Day with an afternoon of chamber music. That’s when the Apex Arts League hosts the Julius Quartet at White’s Chapel United Methodist Church in Southlake.
- If mom is also into the flora and fauna of the Texas Discovery Gardens then head there on Sunday afternoon. Hear the Women’s Chorus of Dallas perform their Mother’s Day concert and then stay afterward to see a live butterfly release.
- Throughout the weekend, you can see Fort Worth Opera’s mariachi opera, “El Pasado Nunca Se Termina,” at Bass Performance Hall. It’s a love story wrapped around stirring melodies and the history of Mexico and cultural traditions.
- Finally, Fort Works Art has a new photography exhibition featuring subjects such as Madonna, David Bowie, and Bob Marley. See the photographs in Kate Simon: Chaos and Cosmos.
For more on these and other events, explore the Art&Seek calendar.