The Rooftop Cinema Club is starting off the new year with a line-up of blockbuster films.
The Dallas location of the popular nation-wide drive-in company Rooftop Cinema Club is called Drive-In at the Central. The contactless drive-in venue is located five minutes from Uptown Dallas and is open Thursdays through Sundays. Tickets can be purchased online and start at $22 a vehicle, depending on the day and number of car occupants. Spots are assigned first-come-first-serve.
Since people are missing the award-winning movies this year, the drive-in’s line-up for 2021 is dedicated to award-winning and nominated blockbusters through the years. Drive-In at the Central also partners with food trucks and has concessions available.
Folks can also enjoy good films while raising money for a good cause by attending The Drive-In at the Central’s “Community Screenings.” At these showings, all proceeds are donated to the North Texas Food Bank. For these “Community Screenings,” the second film on select Sunday nights is $5 for a vehicle with up to two guests or $10 per vehicle with three or more guests.
What kind of movies does Rooftop Cinema screen?
“We try to target all different age ranges,” said Jalitza Delgado with Rooftop Cinema Club. “It doesn’t matter if you’re young or old, we have something for everybody.”
Here’s the line-up of movie showings running Jan. 2-31, 2021:
- January 2: Ratatouille / A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
- January 3: Up / The Grand Budapest Hotel (Community Screening)
- January 7: 10 Things I Hate About You
- January 8: Inside Out / House Party
- January 9: Jurassic Park / Step Brothers
- January 10: Toy Story 4 / Hook
- January 14: Love Jones
- January 15: Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse / Friday the 13th
- January 16: Legally Blonde / Fight Club
- January 17: The Incredibles / The Silence of The Lambs (Community Screening)
- January 21: Jumanji: The Next Level
- January 22: Mean Girls / Love & Basketball
- January 23: The Goonies / The Breakfast Club
- January 24: Monsters, Inc. / The Shining
- January 28: Dirty Dancing
- January 29: Guardians of The Galaxy / Friday
- January 30″ “People’s Choice: Biggest Snub” – voted on by fans: Poetic Justice
- January 31: Tangled / Breakfast at Tiffany’s (Community Screening)
On Saturday, January 30, movie-goers can participate in “People’s Choice” night and vote for the biggest award show snub. Details will be available on the Rooftop Cinema Club’s website.
“We’re here for Dallas,” said Delgado. “Our slogan is ‘Love, peace, and great films.’ and that’s what Rooftop Cinema is all about.”
Art&Seek is made possible through the generosity of our members. If you find this reporting valuable, consider making a tax-deductible gift today. Thank you.