Shakespeare Dallas presents Movies In The Park, an entire month full of socially distanced movie nights. Every Thursday, Friday and Saturday from October 1-24, 2020, there will be movies playing on the lawn at the Samuell-Grand Amphitheater.
“The weather is cooling down and I think it’s going to be a lovely fall. This is going to be a great way to get outside and stay safe while enjoying spending time with those around you,” said Raphael Parry, Executive & Artistic Director of Shakespeare Dallas.
On Thursdays Shakespeare-inspired movies will be showing, Fridays will be classic films, and Saturdays will be family-friendly movies. Tickets are $15 and can be purchased online. For Shakespeare Dallas members, movies are free on Thursdays. Email Shakespeare Dallas to receive a special code.
Here’s the line-up of movies:
- Thursday, October 1, 2020: Shakespeare in Love
- Friday, October 2, 2020: Singin’ in the Rain
- Saturday, October 3, 2020: Jurassic Park
- Thursday, October 8, 2020: Ophelia
- Friday, October 9, 2020: Casablanca
- Saturday, October 10, 2020: Ghostbusters
- Thursday, October 15, 2020: Pride & Prejudice
- Friday, October 16, 2020: Breakfast at Tiffany’s
- Saturday, October 17, 2020: The Goonies (Special Bark at the Park Night – dogs welcome!)
- Thursday, October 22, 2020: Romeo and Juliet
- Friday, October 23, 2020: A Streetcar Named Desire
- Saturday, October 24, 2020: Beetlejuice
Tips before you go:
- Gates will open at 7 p.m. and movies start at 8 p.m.
- Guests seated on a first-come, first-served basis in socially-distanced pods on the lawn
- Guests are encouraged to bring blankets, lawn chairs, food, and beverages
- Ruthie’s Food Trucks Fueled by Cafe Momentum will be onsite most evenings, plus their famous dessert truck on Saturdays. Guests can order ahead from their website
- Those 21 and over may bring and consume beer or wine responsibly at the Amphitheater
- Free parking is available
Shakespeare Dallas is also marking 100 years since the passing of the 19th amendment with Shakespeare and the Suffragists, a new virtual performance project that examines Shakespeare’s more feminist texts and how they have been interpreted and reinterpreted over time. This will be available for streaming in mid-October. You can pre-register now and a link to access the content will be emailed beginning October 15.
Circo Metropolis, a pop-up circus experience presented by Shakespeare Dallas and Laughter League, will take place Saturday and Sunday on October 10-11 and October 17-18 at 1:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Tickets are $15 each or $50 for a family four-pack. The cast features speed juggler Dario Vasquez, Kelli and Julio Ramazini, Magic Mike Williams, aerialists Circus2Wins, slack wire artist Chet Monday and singer Lily Monday.
Art&Seek is made possible through the generosity of our members. If you find this reporting valuable, consider making a tax-deductible gift today. Thank you.