Here at Art&Seek HQ, we’re all aflutter about our new calendar smartphone app. Check artandseek.org later this week – we may just release the app a little early. But it will definitely be available for download on Friday here on the site. And we hope you’ll come join us Friday night at Til Midnight at the Nasher, when we’ll celebrate the launch.
The Art&Seek team will be there from 7-9, so stop by and say hello. Enjoy music from The Bright. Stick around for a screening of the original Tron.
Admission to Til Midnight is free for Nasher members, $10 for adults, $7 seniors and $5 students.
And you won’t want to miss Aurora, which lights up the Arts District later in the evening. It’s all part of the wind-up to the Arts in October celebration in the district.
The new app will work on Android, iPhone and iPad. It puts the 3,000 arts groups and venues currently on our calendar at artandseek.org into the palm of your hand. North Texas arts and culture at your fingertips.
Good news for arts groups: When you submit events to our calendar, they automatically show up on our app.
Good news for you: The app is free!
The app is the result of a very cool collaboration with Business Council for the Arts and Leadership Arts Class of 2011. The Leadership Arts Class raised the money for the app and helped Art&Seek develop it.
What can you do with the app?
• Browse events alphabetically, by date or by region
• Look for schedules of what’s happening at your favorite museum, gallery, theater, music club or library
• Share events with your friends
• Create your own calendar of the events you’d like to attend
• Check out our top picks for the day, as heard on the Art&Seek calendar on KERA 90.1 FM and KXT 91.7 FM
• Get maps, directions and venue information
• Find out what’s going on near you
Come join us! And most important, download the app starting Friday — OK, maybe a little sooner — right here at ArtandSeek.org