1. Puttin’ some teeth into it: A Tampa, Fla., cartoonist has come up with clever, only-in-the-Internet-age idea: Illustrate blog posts. One of his recent subjects is former Dallas Observer music editor Sarah Hepola and her story of a childhood accident. Front Burner weighs in on the phenomenon.
2. Feisty: One of the emerging North Texas voices on pop music and nightclubs is Quick’s Lesley Tellez. She’s not afraid to admit her prejudices and how she gets sleepy the day after a late show. Check out her review of last night’s Feist extravaganza. Also recommended: Thor Christensen’s interview with the pop anti-diva — Feist not Lesley.
3. Free-rangin’: Buying locally grown fruits and vegetables is all the rage. It helps cut down on fuel consumption, for one thing. The Dallas Farmers Market joins that thought with an old rage: organic produce, a regular feature at this Balch Springs organic center.
4. Low-hangin’ fruit: Richardson-raised lip-syncher Ashlee Simpson is allegedly pregnant, unmarried and for sale. The original source here. More outrage here.
5. Cultural mecca: No. 4 notwithstanding, North Texas is happenin’ in a good way, and not just with glitz and glamour, though we do love our glitz and glamour. Guide is recommending 10 ways to get your culture cheap, and the Star-Telegram is urging Fort Worthians to get their Dallas on at a music fest this weekend.