Society of Watercolor Artists
Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4
Beginners as well as experienced artists or "experts" are welcome at SWA's monthly meetings to enjoy the opportunity to meet and chat with others who share their love of watercolor painting through:
- A critique group where members bring their paintings, whether finished or in progress, for help and encouragement with problem areas
- Shared information on the latest developments in painting materials and techniques
- Announcements of happenings in the local arts community, especially SWA members "in the news"
- An in-depth demonstration by a local artists which reveals some of their "secrets" for successful paintings.
Annual membership in SWA provides:
- The opportunity to participate in two annual juried exhibitions, a Membership Show for only SWA members and an Annual Juried Art Exhibition which is open to artists from the U.S. and overseas
- Two three-day workshops with nationally-known and respected watercolorists
- "Paint-Outs," where SWA members combine their love of watercolor with enjoyment of our beautiful Texas area
- Opportunities to demonstrate and sell paintings in the Japanese Garden of the Fort Worth Botanic Gardens.
Our meetings are held every third Monday of the month, Sept. through May, at the University of North Texas Science Center, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd. in Fort Worth. We meet in Everett Hall at 7 p.m.