Heard-Craig Center for the Arts
Located in the heart of McKinnney's historic district.
The center consists of three buildings.
Heard Craig House is a beautifully restored historic home located in McKinney's historic district. The home was built by Stephen D. Heard and his wife, Lillie, in 1900. Their daughter Kathryn (Katie) Heard Craig bequested the estate in 1970 making it possible to preserve the Heard family home so that future generations could "learn somewhat of the past." It was also Mrs. Craig's wish that women's clubs in McKinney with a cultural or educational focus be allowed to meet in the home at no charge.
Heard Craig Hall is a beautifully appointed space which has a capacity 300+ theater/lecture style or approximately 250+ at round tables on the second floor reception hall. The reception hall also has a full kitchen and complete stage.
The Heard Craig Carriage House is a lovely little two story building that we rent for smaller meetings and as a dressing area for garden parties and weddings that we host in the Heard Craig House Gardens. As of January 2010 it will be hosting Studio Art House for more information visit studioarthouse.com/mckinney