Knapp Heritage Park
Dedicated in 2004, this downtown park contains three of Arlington's oldest structures. This cultural and heritage facility is available for school tours, rentals, private tours and is open to the general public. The park was named for James and Mildred Knapp.
The grandchildren of James & Mildred Knapp donated the heritage center site. James Knapp was a prominent attorney and land developer. He was also instrumental in the development of many of the highways serving Arlington today, such as SH 360. The Jopling-Melear and Watson cabins, which date to the mid 1800's, in addition to Knapp's office and a 1910 one-room schoolhouse are also located within the park.
HoursWednesday - Saturday: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Sunday: 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Tours are available by appointment at 817.460.4001.