First Christian Church - Fort Worth
Home of the monthly music series, 'A Little Noon Music.'
First Christian Church was founded in 1855, making it the oldest continuously operating church established in Fort Worth. The present building at 6th and Throckmorton dates from 1915. It was designed by architects E.W. Van Slyke and Clyde Woodruff in a Renaissance Revival style. The raised two-story limestone building has a Greek Cross plan with a tower and copper-clad dome at the crossing and three porticos with Corinthian columns. The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Sites in 1983 and received the Fort Worth Historical and Cultural Landmarks Designation in 2006.