Allen Heritage Guild, Inc. and Museum
The Allen Heritage Guild was established in 1996 as a project of Leadership Allen Class VII.
The Guild's objectives are:
- Create a sense of community spirit by providing service and implementing projects that create a distinctively positive image of Allen.
- Assure tomorrow's heritage by recording past, recent and current milestones.
Past and present projects include:
- Photographic Display
- Driving Tour
- Antique Appraisal Fair
- Preservation of Allen Station Dam
- Placement of historical markers around the city
- Participation in revival of the Central Business District
- Creation of Allen Heritage Village
- Restoration and renovation of St. Mary Baptist Church
- Assisted with production of historical videos
- Assisted with recreation of Train Depot
The Guild meets monthly to discuss the status of current and proposed projects, and frequently features guest speakers on topics of historical significance.
Meetings are currently held on the first Wednesday of each month at 6:30 pm at The Train Depot (Allen Heritage Center, 100 East Main Street).
HoursThe museum is open the 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month:
Saturday 10am--2pm .
Additional hours by appointment.