with Lynn McLain AWS, NWS
Texas style at the *404 Ranch*
March 3 – 8, 2019
(Arriving the Sunday before and Leaving the Friday or Saturday after)
- Experience Lynn’s creative & artistic abilities along with the southern hospitality on a working ranch. From beginner to seasoned artist, all levels of painters are welcome.
- Lodging provided in Ranch/Bunkhouse
- Sunday, March 3, arrival between 2 & 6 p.m.
- Classes begin Monday morning 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Classes end on Friday at 4 p.m. After critiques, Dinner Celebration.
- Fee: $850 Includes 5 days of workshop Food & Lodging for 5 to 6 nights
- Meals provided except for one evening out at a near Location.
- Class limited to 15 and is expected to sell out quickly. Don’t delay in reserving your place.
- $400 deposit – ASAP to Jackie Railsback(Ranch Owner/Host), 2520 Norwood Dr., Hurst, TX 76054: [email protected], 817-657-8691.
The *404 Ranch* is located About 65 miles west of downtown Ft Worth, about 95 miles west of Dallas and 21 Miles north of Stephenville on Hwy 281. You will be provided a map & GPS coordinates to the gate of the property. Be sure to scroll down for pictures of the Ranch House.
- Additional info about Lynn McLain can be found on his website: http://www.lynnmclain.com/pages/view/biography
- You will receive a supply list from Lynn for the class. We are planning the menu so please let us know if you have any food allergies.
- If there are any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us:
Jackie Railsback – 817-657-8691 or [email protected]
Lynn McLain – 575-587-1625 or [email protected]
“Although not always at the 404 Ranch, I have been attending Lynn McLain’s Water Color Workshops since 2005. The week is full of fellowship with friends, new acquaintances, talented artists willing to share their unique talents and golden sunsets when at the 404 Ranch Studio in Stephenville.
Lynn is an expert instructor in watercolor media. The Workshops are always well organized and informative. He takes us on a step-by-step learning journey as he teaches about painting preparation. He provides wonderful information about color application, color mixing on the palette, value adjustment, layering, and a variety of other techniques, which result in a rich vibrant painting.
Lynn McLain’s watercolor workshops are always a pleasure to attend but when at the Ranch, its even more fulfilling because of the onsite experience.”
“Three delicious meals are enjoyed daily and end of the day sunsets are superb. I learned and enjoyed the ranch experience. Don’t miss it !!! “
“This is more like a retreat; painting, fellowship, eating and having a great time with Lynn, a wonderful artist.”
The ranch house was just recently remodeled inside and out and a 30’x30′ attached studio added which is where the workshop will be conducted.
This is a working ranch but, as you can see from the pictures below, this is not your run-of-the-mill ranch house.
“My teaching objectives include sharing my artistic gift, imparting a better understanding of drawing, design, seeing subject matter, use and confidence of the watercolor medium, and how to have fun painting with watercolor.”