November 3 - January 6 | Weekends Only
- Starting November 10, discover the breathtaking science behind your favorite colors as you go on a personalized hunt to learn more about what makes minerals so stunning (Gems and Minerals Hall).
- See your friends and family illuminated by our giant kaleidoscope, where you can take beautiful photos and video of their images, lighted and reflected in spectacular ways (Gems and Minerals Hall).
- Find that the already impressive dinosaurs have been enhanced by dramatic lighting and projection mapping (Life Then and Now Hall).
- Take part in spontaneous dino dance parties (Life Then and Now Hall).
- Project your favorite dinosaur at a light-up color table (Life Then and Now Hall).
- Contribute to the glowing vibe by wearing your own glowing or light-up accessories. There will also be fun, light-up wearables available for purchase.
- Stop at the Café for a selection of special glowing treats.
- Enjoy illumination-themed Bookworm Reading Time for our youngest guests.
- Test your knowledge at Illumination Trivia.
- Be on the lookout for pop-up Science on the Spot experiments and demonstrations that will reveal even more about the science of light.