Bandan Koro African Drum and Dance Ensemble offers classes to the community each and every Saturday in the Dallas area.This exciting journey through African Drum and Dance includes:
- A light improvisational warmup
- Community circle to quickly introduce ourselves
- Explanation on the history of rhythm/dance
- Demonstration of movements on the dance floor
- Line up in groups and take movement across the floor
- Community dance circle aka “Bantaba”
Class is open to all ages and levels. First timers are always welcome to drop in. Be sure to wear comfortable clothing and be prepared to dance barefoot as it is tradition in West African Dance. Classes are always accompanied by live and energetic African drumming. Plan to attend class regularly? We offer discounted class cards!