This is for beginners who have a Digital Single Lens Reflex camera (or similar) and want to learn how to shoot with more confidence and creative control. This is a hands-on workshop with a small group, live shooting demonstrations and time for your questions. We keep the class size small so there’s time for interaction and problem solving.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Buttons and dials: locating and deciphering the physical controls on your camera.
- Basic menus & settings: file size, quality, JPG, RAW, TIFF, white balance and ISO.
- The viewfinder: what information is available and how it helps you.
- What’s in a name: Why your camera is called a DSLR and what goes on when you take a picture.
- Exposure: a thorough explanation of shutter speeds, f-stops and their relationship to ISO and light.
- Motion blur and depth of field: understanding these creative tools is the key to better photos!
- Exposure modes: getting off the green Auto mode and understanding the difference between P-A-S-M, (P-Av-Tv-M).
- Built-in flash: when to just say no.
- Focusing modes: if it’s called auto focus, why do some photos still turn out blurry? Taking control of how and where your camera focuses.
- Techniques for stability: stance, camera operation, holding the camera.
- Assignment: we will shoot photos together of live professional models.
- Assignment review: surprises and near-misses, we end the day with a live edit and slide show of your best shots.
Dates & Times
- Saturday, November 4, 2017 @ 9:00 am 2017-11-04 09:00:00 2017-11-04 12:00:00 America/Chicago Beginner DSLR Workshop http://artandseek.org/calendar/event/75478/beginner-dslr-workshop Dallas Center for Photography, 4756 Algiers St., Dallas, TX, 75207
- Saturday, December 2, 2017 @ 9:00 am 2017-12-02 09:00:00 2017-12-02 12:00:00 America/Chicago Beginner DSLR Workshop http://artandseek.org/calendar/event/75478/beginner-dslr-workshop Dallas Center for Photography, 4756 Algiers St., Dallas, TX, 75207