Downtown Garland Square
(between State and Main Streets and Fifth and Sixth Streets)
Be a part of one of the most unique holiday tree-lighting experiences in the Metroplex this year!
Garland Parks and Recreation will light up the crowd as well as the Christmas tree with glowing, color-changing, LED wristbands. This feature will allow festival goers to enjoy an interactive ''glow with the show'' experience as we light up the Downtown Square.
* Snow Hills, Snowman Building, Photos with Santa, Holiday Foods, Children's Trains. Children's Crafts and more will be available from 5:30 - 9:30 p.m.
* Tree Lighting at 7 p.m.
* Choir performances begin at 7:30 p.m.
* Event parking is free and available at Central Library, Senior Center, First Baptist Church on Glenbrook and DART on Walnut Street.
* A ''Sensory Friendly Tree Lighting'' for children and adults with sensory disorders will take place at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 3, in the Downtown Square
* The City of Garland light display will run each night from 4 to 10 p.m. through New Year's Day.