An unforgettable New Year’s experience for you and your family!
Celebrate the Year of the Rat with delicious mochi (rice cakes), music and dance performances, and authentic cultural activities. Learn about Japan’s rich New Year’s traditions, and connect with the local Japanese community. Watch a live demonstration on how mochi is made, with a special appearance by Consul General Hideo Fukushima, who will help us welcome the new year and help pound the mochi!
Adults: Member $5 | Public $10
Children (6-12): $3
Children under 5 years: Free
* Tickets are available at the door and we accept cash and checks.
- Mochitsuki – Rice Pounding
- Kakizome – First calligraphy of the year
- Kimono – Dress up with Japanese traditional garment
- New Year children’s games
- Nengajo Contest – New Year cards
- Ikebana – Flower arranging
- by Ikebana International, Dallas Chapter 13
- Chado Urasenke Tanko-kai Dallas-Fort Worth – Tea Ceremony
- Cherry Blossoms Choir – Children’s choir
- Dallas Kiyari Daiko – Taiko Drummers
- Miyagi-Ryu Nosho-Kai Okinawa Dance
- Yosakoi Kids – Children’s Dance Group