This is turning into season announcement week. Jerome Weeks posted about the DCPA’s Broadway Series announcement earlier today. (Listen this afternoon for a report from Jerome on KERA and expanded analysis of the season).
And Dallas Children’s Theater sends word of that it, too, has booked its 2009-10 season, which includes a world premiere and two professional regional premieres.
The world premiere comes from DCT resident playwright Linda Daughtery. Her newest work, which she co-wrote with dyslexia expert Mary Rohde Scudday, is called hard 2 spel dad. It follows two friends who explore together the different ways that they learn. It’s slated for April of next year.
The regional premiers are the musical How I Became a Pirate, scheduled for January 2010, and Giggle, Giggle, Quack, the sequel to this season’s Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type. It hits the stage in June of 2010.
The rest of the season is:
- Junie B. Jones & A Little Monkey Business – September/October 2009
- Dracula, The Vampire Play – October 2009
- The Best Christmas Pageant Ever – November/December 2009
- Santa’s Holiday for Strings: A Puppet Extravaganza – Holiday 2009
- Hansel & Gretel – February/March 2010
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe – March/April 2010
- Most Valuable Player – May 2010